Museum Greeter & Floor Assistant
The Children’s Museum at Saratoga (CMAS), a hands-on museum for children ages 0-8 in Saratoga Springs, NY, seeks a friendly, outgoing, and high-energy individual who is capable of delivering exceptional customer service to join its Guest Services team as a part-time Museum Greeter & Floor Assistant.
As Museum Greeter & Floor Assistant, you will help to ensure welcoming and educational experiences for CMAS visitors by staffing the front desk and museum exhibits, hosting birthday parties and other events, and by providing support for museum operations.
This is a part-time hourly position. Regular hours are 20-25 hours per week in 5 to 8 hour shifts.
REPORTS TO: Membership & Guest Services Manager
- Provide exemplary customer service to museum visitors.
- Welcome visitors, process admissions, sell museum memberships, answer phones, answer basic visitor questions and/or direct inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Support museum operations by opening and closing the museum, assisting with group visits, parties, and special events; restocking exhibit areas; performing general museum cleaning; and participating with other projects as assigned.
- Coordinate and facilitate hosted birthday parties on weekend days and weekend evenings.
- Provide staffing for the museum for special events.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Upbeat and positive attitude, with enthusiasm for working in a Children’s Museum and for ensuring excellent and memorable experiences for museum visitors
- Demonstrates ability to provide exemplary customer service and shows excellent judgment in interpersonal interactions
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a wide variety of audiences
- Ability and desire to learn new things quickly and to perform repetitive tasks with high degree of care and accuracy
- Able to command attention of children and adults and lead activities in group settings
- Able to follow through on tasks and to seek assistance from appropriate staff members
- Able to multi-task and to remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Able to take direction and show initiative