No other employment opportunities at this time. Please check back in at a later date.
The Children’s Museum at Saratoga is seeking a highly motivated candidate to serve as a Per Diem Educator. The educator will join the education team in developing and delivering high quality early childhood education programs in a museum setting and offsite. This position requires weekend and evening hours.
Job Type: Per Diem, Temporary
- Responsible for the development, teaching, and evaluation of museum programs. This includes group visits, birthday parties, special workshops, outreach programs, and community events that occur at the Museum and offsite.
- Welcome visitors, process admissions and sell museum memberships, answer phones, answer basic visitor questions and/or direct inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Support museum operations by opening and closing the museum, assisting with group visits, parties, and special events; restocking exhibit areas; performing general museum cleaning; and participating with other projects as assigned.
- Prepare materials for each of the museum programs offered.
- Ensure that all museum rules and procedures are being followed, including emergency procedures.
- Provide a valuable and welcoming educational experience for museum visitors by engaging them in a friendly and dynamic manner.
- Maintaining clean and orderly classrooms and exhibit areas.
- Candidate must be available weekends and some evenings.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Education, Museum Studies, Science, Human Development) from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized organization, or 3 years of applicable experience.
- Enthusiasm about working with children of all ages and abilities.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with children in a formal or informal setting.
- Comfortable presenting to large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers.
- Ability to work in a moderately paced environment, stand for sustained periods of time, and lift 50 pounds.
- Reliable means of transportation to get to and from outreach programs required.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check and references. To apply please send a cover letter and resume to the Director of Education at email@example.com.