Bring your group for a field trip to inspire each child’s curiosity, spark their imagination, and nurture their sense of discovery!
Field Trip Options
Group visits must be booked in advance. For booking a visit or more information on the visits listed below, please call the Museum.
Exploration Visit: 2 Hours
During this self guided visit children explore the Museum the best way they know how, through touch. Visit is 2 hour long and the cost is $6 per child.
Discovery Visit: 1 & 1/2 Hours
Explore the Museum for an hour and then have your group participate in a 1/2 hour program, hosted by Museum staff. The cost is $8 per child.
- Trash to Treasure – Children create a unique project out of recycled materials, while reinforcing the concept of reduce, reuse, and recycle. We supply the materials; the children supply the imagination.
- Build It Up! –*New for for 2017* This brand new program thanks to the generosity of the Saratoga Casino Hotel Foundation, explores the world of S.T.E.M. through the use of Imagination Playground and Rig-a-Ma-Jig to build, design and test your engineering skills. Think you have what it takes to create and build something with your own imagination?
- Stories and Senses – Children listen to a story and then participate in creating an art project related to the story. You pick the theme, we’ll select the story and the project.
- Community Service Programs – Children learn to give back to their community. We will read a story about acts of kindness and complete a pre-determined service project for a local charity.
- Silly Science – Learn about a chosen science topic in this station based program.
*When you call to book your visit, our Education Director can work with you to design an appropriate program.
Extended Discovery Visit: 2 Hours
Explore the Museum for an hour and then have your group participate in a pre-selected program for at least 1 hour hosted by Museum staff. The cost is $11 per child.
- Stuffee – Learn about the human body during this health and nutrition program featuring our special friend, Stuffee (a 7 foot doll whose belly unzips to show kids what they look like inside by revealing soft sculpture organs that belong to the digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems.
- Lasting Impressions– Learn about the past by observing and handling real and replica fossils native to NY State and beyond.
- Motion Madness – teaches students about motion through a series of hands-on experiments that test speed, friction, and other forces. After conducting the experiments, students are challenged to make a roller coaster using pipe insulation, tape, and their knowledge from the experiments.
*When you call to book your visit, our Education Director can work with you to design an appropriate program that fits within your current curriculumn.
Girl Scout Badge Programs
Schedule a two hour Girl Scout program at The Children’s Museum! We can design programs to fit a badge you’re working on, or you can choose from our popular outreach programs. Programs can be scheduled after school or on weekends. Maximum group size is 30 children. The cost is $12 per child and includes: materials and Museum admission.
Past Specially Designed Brownie and Junior Programs:
- Science Wonders
- Healthy Habits
- Art to Wear
- Scavenger Hunt
Over-Night Badge Programs
Sleep over at the Children’s Museum! Cost is $400 per night for up to 10 children and $40 per additional child. Over-night includes: badge program workshop, museum play, dinner, and breakfast. Program theme can be designed to accommodate your troop’s badge or theme. Maximum group size is 20 children.
Field Trip Policies
(Please read carefully)
- Field Trips must be booked in advance by calling or e-mailing the museum.
- There is a minimum number of 10 children required in order to receive the group / field trip admission rate.
- A $40 non-refundable deposit is required two weeks prior to your visit. This non-refundable deposit will be deducted from your final total at the time of your visit.
- Individual payments cannot be accepted. Please make an effort to collect all your funds before your visit and a full count of children and chaperones.
- The Children’s Museum requires one adult (who must be at least 18 years-old) for every 5 students in your group. There is no charge for these chaperones. Each additional chaperone is $4. Teachers and any additional required support staff are also admitted free of charge.
- Chaperones are responsible for the behavior of your group. Museum rules are based on safety of all visitors.
- The museum has a room in which groups may have a snack or lunch. Since availability is limited, please call ahead to reserve this room if you would like to use it during your visit.
- Please arrive together as a group and on time. Lateness may result in a shortened program. Members of your group who arrive early will be required to wait until their entire group arrives.
- Each group / field trip must designate one adult as their contact person for the visit. This person will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the visit with museum staff.
- Once you arrive at the museum depending on the size of your group we will have your group settle in a specific location to go over rules and expectations of the field trip with museum staff.
- We suggest all field trip participants, including chaperones wear name tags, coordinating t-shirts, or other identifying measures that will help assist museum staff with identifying members of your group.
- For museum field trip options or more information on booking a visit please call the museum at 518-584-5540.