Now Hiring: Museum Educator
The Children’s Museum at Saratoga is seeking a qualified educator to join our education team working in a fun filled environment teaching programs to children and their families. We are seeking an educator to teach afterschool and weekend programs at The Museum during the school season.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of museum education programs such as field trips, outreaches and birthday party programs and including museum led after-school programs.
- Prepare (materials/reviewing lesson plan, etc) for each of the museum programs offered.
- Teach museum led after-school programs.
- Preparation, promotion, and delivery of Children’s Museum’s Programs to schools, libraries, camps, farmers markets, fairs, etc.
- Ensure that all museum rules and procedures are being followed, including emergency procedures.
- Provide a valuable educational experience for museum visitors.
- Maintaining clean and orderly classrooms and museum exhibit areas.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be available daily Monday through Friday after 2pm, and weekends.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Education, Museum Studies, Science) from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized organization, or the pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Enthusiasm for working with children of all ages and abilities. A minimum of one year experience teaching children in a formal and/or informal setting. A demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and all types of customers. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Ability to work some evenings and weekends. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check and references.
This position is part-time, 20 hours per week.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.