Now Hiring: Member Services Coordinator
Seeking a talented team member to join the Children’s Museum at Saratoga. The Member Services Coordinator is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to museum patrons via our admissions, membership and reservations desks. Responsible for all program reservation processes and is a key member of the museum team coordinating reservations and running the museum’s admissions desk.
- operating the admissions and gift shop register
- checking in guests/ members and explains the museum to visitors
- Answering the museum’s main telephone
- responding to email queries- directs calls and emails to appropriate person, or persons, when applicable, answers general museum questions
- Provide general information to visitors
- Responsible for the end of day paperwork, cash sheet and deposits.
- Performing all steps of reservation process including in person or telephone registrations
- Review of any online registrations, room reservations, confirmations and event/program day preparations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or a mix of college and relate able leadership experience, experience in a retail environment., The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures. Knowledge of Point of Sale system preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to offer outstanding customer service with all customers. Energetic and positive attitude. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and all types of customers. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
This position is part-time, hourly non-exempt (20 hours per week).
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Now Hiring: Museum Educator
The Children’s Museum at Saratoga is seeking a qualified educator to join our education team working in a fun filled environment teaching programs to children and their families. We are seeking an educator to teach afterschool and weekend programs at The Museum during the school season.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of museum education programs such as field trips, outreaches and birthday party programs and including museum led after-school programs.
- Prepare (materials/reviewing lesson plan, etc) for each of the museum programs offered.
- Teach museum led after-school programs.
- Preparation, promotion, and delivery of Children’s Museum’s Programs to schools, libraries, camps, farmers markets, fairs, etc.
- Ensure that all museum rules and procedures are being followed, including emergency procedures.
- Provide a valuable educational experience for museum visitors.
- Maintaining clean and orderly classrooms and museum exhibit areas.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be available daily Monday through Friday after 2pm, and weekends.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Education, Museum Studies, Science) from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized organization, or the pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Enthusiasm for working with children of all ages and abilities. A minimum of one year experience teaching children in a formal and/or informal setting. A demonstrated ability to provide exceptional quality service to external and internal customers. Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and all types of customers. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Ability to work some evenings and weekends. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check and references.
This position is per Diem.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.