Guest Services Manager –
The Children’s Museum at Saratoga is seeking an energetic and organized manager to oversee the Guest Services team and the CMAS visitor experience. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily museum floor operation and providing exemplar visitor experiences. They will also supervise the Guest Services team, handle admission administration, manage group program reservations, assist with the development of the operating budget and create department-wide goals and initiatives.
- Manage the Guest Services team including guest services associates and visitor assistants. Develop and implement departmental policies, procedures and practices.
- Resolve customer service issues and ensure the team is providing the best possible visitor experience.
- Manage and coordinate information services, admissions and group program reservations. This includes tracking scheduled programs in google calendar, excel spreadsheet and invoicing and managing payment for programs.
- Develop a competent, well-trained, properly structured and highly motivated staff capable of achieving Guest Services goals. Establish and communicate performance standards and goals and provide staff with timely, constructive feedback. Provide coaching, counseling, and technical information to ensure a knowledgeable and skilled staff.
- Manage the logistics and provide operational support for the education department for group programs, birthday parties, public programming workshops, etc.
- Manage scheduling needs of the Guest Services department ensuring scheduling matches projected attendance.
- Manage and maintain gift shop sales and inventory.
- Prepare and maintain reports on guest issues and concerns, employee attendance and disciplinary, cash handling, equipment functionality, and other departmental activities. Recommend improvement/changes as needed.
- Participate in Museum-wide orientation programs. Handle customer service training and workshops for the team.
- Develop and manage the daily museum cleaning procedures utilizing the Guest Services staff. Directly supervise the daily and deep cleaning projects.
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a mix of college and relatable leadership experience.
- Experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale system preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of various software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to offer outstanding customer service with all customers.
- Energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and all types of customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Children’s Museum at Saratoga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.